Rules for the 2019
Central Kentucky Idol
RULES FOR THE 2019 CENTRAL KENTUCKY IDOL
The following are the rules for the Bardstown Radio Team, LLC Idol Contest:
1. Employees of Bardstown Radio Team, LLC (hereinafter referred to as “Station”) and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. “Immediate Family" shall include spouses, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and co-habituating "significant other". Residents of the same household are also considered “Immediate Family“, whether or not related by blood or marriage.
2. Employees and their immediate families of any other FCC-licensed broadcast stations are not eligible to participate.
3. Owners, managers and employees of participating sponsors of this promotion and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
4. No purchase is necessary in order to participate.
5. All prizes are awarded to winners on an "as is" basis. Station is not responsible for the condition of the prize itself, nor is the Station liable for any damage or injury caused by any prize awarded by the station.
6. Winners agree to allow Station to make use of their name, photograph, likeness and/or audio recording of their voice for advertising and publicity purposes.
7. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. In accordance with IRS regulations, any winner receiving a prize with a value in excess of $600 will be furnished a copy of IRS Form 1099 (Miscellaneous Income). A copy of this form will also be furnished to the IRS.
8. In the event an announced prize becomes unavailable or the supply becomes exhausted, Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value and the winner agrees to accept such prize without limitation.
9. Station is not responsible for circumstances beyond its control (telephone malfunctions, postal delivery delays, etc.), that may affect the outcome of a contest.
10. An affidavit of eligibility and/or a release from liability may be required in certain instances. Failure to sign such an affidavit, if requested, may result in forfeiture of the prize(s).
11. Station reserves the right to suspend this Promotion at any time, if in its judgment, the contest participants have conducted themselves in an unfair manner or attempted in any way to influence the outcome of the contest.
12. In the event of a tie, Station reserves the right to conduct a tie-breaking contest, with rules and procedures to be determined by the management of the Station.
13. The Station reserves the right to change contest rules and procedures at any time, providing such changes are announced on-the-air prior to their implementation.
14. All matters not specifically addressed in these rules shall be determined at the sole discretion of the management of Station.
15. In the event of any dispute involving a contest, the decision of Station management is final.
16. Contestants must be 13 years (By August 1, 2019) of age or older. No instruments will be allowed. Contestants are allowed to bring their own music and they can perform in acapella if they choose.
17. Qualifying round contestants will be performing in front of three judges. The judges will be scoring each contestant on appearance, music knowledge, stage presence, audience involvement and vocals. The contestant's combined total will determine if they finish in first or second place. Qualifying winners will receive: First Place $ 100.00 Second Place $ 50.00. The decision of the judges is final.
18. First and Second place winners at each qualifying round will be eligible to compete for the grand prize at the Marion County Ham Days festival on September 28, 2019 in Lebanon, Kentucky.
19. If a contestant does not qualify in an earlier round, they are eligible to travel to another Central Kentucky Idol location to qualify.
20. If you qualify for the finals at the Marion County Ham Days, you must be prepared to sing four different songs. 21. The winners at the Marion County Ham Days festival competition will win the following:
a. First Place $ 750.00 Cash
b. First Runner Up $ 250.00 Cash
22. The winner will be chosen by a panel of three judges and a points system based on the following: a. Appearance (5 points)
b. Music Knowledge (25 points)
c. Stage Presence (25 points)
d. Audience Involvement (20 points)
e. Vocals (25 points)